- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place zucchini in a baking dish with a little bit of water on the bottom and bake for about 20 minutes, flesh side up until softened enough to scoop out the insides.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomatoes, onion, basil, olive oil, vinegar, salt and pepper in a small bowl and toss together.
- Hollow out the middle of each zucchini half once cooled enough to handle and discard flesh.
- Spoon the hummus (about 2 tablespoons per zucchini half) into the hollowed out cavity.
- Top with the tomato mixture then sprinkle the panko on top.
- Lightly drizzle the panko topping with more olive oil and return to the oven for about 10 minutes. Raise heat to broil for the last 2-3 minutes to just slightly brown the top.
- Remove and serve warm.
Hello and welcome to the Shared Kitchens of Tampa blog. My name is Ben and I run the kitchen. Feel free to email me anytime to schedule a tour or with any questions. Thank you for visiting. Let's Cook!!