- Toss garlic cloves with a little oil and spread out in a single layer on a sheet of aluminum foil and wrap tightly.
- Roast in 400 degree preheated oven for approximately 45 minutes or until soft.
- Unwrap garlic and set aside to cool.
- Wash potatoes and slice in half. Do not peel. Add potatoes to a large saucepan and cover with water. Set saucepan over medium/high heat and bring to a slow boil. Boil for 20-30 minutes or until tender when poked with a knife. Drain potatoes.
- Mash potatoes with roasted garlic in a large bowl. Add milk, cream, butter, and salt and pepper to taste. Mash well. Move back to the saucepan and keep warm over low heat.