- 1. Slice the goat cheese log into 1/2-inch to 3/4-inch medallions. (For easier slicing, make sure the cheese is well chilled. You may place it in the freezer for 10 minutes before slicing. Use unflavored dental floss instead of a knife to get sharp slices.).
- 2. In a bowl, combine the Panko crumbs, oregano, thyme, garlic powder, cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- 3. In another bowl, lightly beat the egg with a little water.
- 4. In a third bowl, place the flour.
- 5. In a shallow sauté pan, heat about 1/2 inch of olive oil over medium-high heat.
- 6. Dredge the cheese slices in the flour, then dip in egg, and coat with the Panko mixture.
- 7. Gently place the breaded medallions into the heated olive oil in pan. Fry until golden brown on each side, about 1 1/2 to 2 minutes.
- 8. Remove from the oil and drain/blot on a paper towel.
- 9. To serve, place medallions on a serving platter/plate or wooden board. Drizzle each with a little honey and garnish with the peppers. Serve with sliced baguette.
- These medallions would also be great served atop a green salad.
Hello and welcome to the Shared Kitchens of Tampa blog. My name is Ben and I run the kitchen. Feel free to email me anytime to schedule a tour or with any questions. Thank you for visiting. Let's Cook!!