For the hot chili oil sauce
- 1 pound ground chicken
- 1/2 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 carrot, peeled and shredded
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon reduced sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon freshly grated ginger
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon ground white pepper
- 36 won ton wrappers
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup dried red chillies, crushed
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- Heat vegetable oil in a small saucepan over medium heat. Stir in crushed peppers and garlic, stirring occasionally, until the oil reaches 180 degrees F, about 8-10 minutes; set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, cabbage, carrot, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, hoisin sauce, ginger, sesame oil and white pepper.*
- To assemble the dumplings, place wrappers on a work surface. Spoon 1 tablespoon of the chicken mixture into the center of each wrapper. Using your finger, rub the edges of the wrappers with water. Fold the dough over the filling to create a half-moon shape, pinching the edges to seal.*
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add potstickers in a single layer and cook until golden and crisp, about 2-3 minutes per side.
- Serve immediately with hot chili oil sauce.
*The filling in the potstickers does not have to be cooked prior to wrapping.
*To freeze, place uncooked potstickers in a single layer on a baking sheet overnight. Transfer to freezer bags.