- Cook the macaroni according to the package directions.
- In a sauce pan, melt the butter over medium heat. Slowly add the flour into the melted butter and whisk the mixture for 2 minutes.
- Whisk in the warm milk, until the mixture is smoothed. Continue to heat the mixture for two minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Remove the sauce pan from the heat. Slowly add the cheeses. Continue to stir until the mixture is smooth. Add the cayenne pepper, salt and pepper.
- Fold the cheese sauce into the macaroni. Pour the macaroni and cheese into a pan and refrigerate for at least 2 hours.
- Shape the macaroni and cheese into balls and place them on a tray tray lined with wax paper. Place the tray in the freezer overnight.
- Create an egg wash by whisking the eggs and 2 tablespoon of milk in a shallow bowl. Pour the bed crumbs into another shallow bowl.
- Take the macaroni and cheese balls out of the freezer. Dip them in the the egg wash then into the breadcrumbs. Place the macaroni and cheese balls back into the freezer until you are ready to fry them.
- Heat the vegetable oil to 350°F. Fry the macaroni and cheese balls until they are golden brown and cooked in the center. (about 5 minutes)
- Serve, Eat and Enjoy!
Shared Kitchens of Tampa encourages you to make these for friends....they will talk about them for years to come!!
Hello and welcome to the Shared Kitchens of Tampa blog. My name is Ben and I run the kitchen. Feel free to email me anytime to schedule a tour or with any questions. Thank you for visiting. Let's Cook!!