- 1 frozen puff pastry sheet, thawed
- 2 red organic apples (I used red delicious)
- half lemon, juice
- 1 tablespoon of flour, to sprinkle the counter
- 3 tablespoons of apricot preserve
- cinnamon (optional)
- powder sugar for decorating (optional)
Preparation time: 45 minutes
1. Thaw the puff pastry if you haven't done so yet. It should take about 20-30 minutes.
2. Prepare a bowl with some water and the lemon juice. Cut the apples in half, remove the core and cut the apples in paper thin slices, as shown in my picture. Leave the peel so it will give the red color to your roses. Right away, place the sliced apples in the bowl with lemon and water, so that they won't change color.
3. Microwave the apples in the bowl, for about 3 minutes, to make them slightly softer. If you prefer, you can also simmer the apple slices in the water in a small pan (on the stove).
4. Unwrap the puff pastry over a clean and lightly floured counter. Using a rolling pin stretch the dough a little, trying to keep it in a rectangular shape. Cut the dough in 6 strips. These are about 2 in x 9 in (5 cm x 22 cm).
5. In a bowl, place three tablespoons of apricot preserve with two tablespoons of water. Microwave for about one minute, so that the preserve will be easier to spread. Spread the preserve on the dough.
6. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Drain the apples.
7. Place the apples on the dough, as shown in my picture. Sprinkle with cinnamon if you'd like.